Sunday, January 15, 2012

Welcome to the Doll house part 2 and new year's resolutions





I have no idea what my dollhouse has to do with New Year's Resolutions, but it brings me immense pleasure.  I am nowhere near done decorating it, as you can see.  I will never be "done" because it is so fun to decorate for holidays and such.  I am not a snob when it comes to the doll house world.  I carefully collected all the Madame Alexander dolls from McDonalds and put them in the house to live.  I also mix vintage pieces with homemade stuff and things from Hobby Lobby or my favorite resale store.  It's all good!  Where else can you find an all pink house with purple shutters?  Hubby did the renovations and painted the house.  I do need some lights in there and darn if the cats don't scratch on the roof so I have to hide it away in an unused bedroom.  Hubby painstakingly glued on tiny shingles and those cats!  They thought......thanks for the cool scratching post, Mom!

Anyway, it's 2012 and I should have some new year's resolutions, right?  All the other bloggers have them,  By the way, how the heck can these blog ladies have gorgeous homes with shabby chic, folded, laundried, home-cooked goodness all the time?  It's intimidating!   Right now, our dryer went out, so I am hanging every sock and undie all over the place.  The jeans come out crunchy.  There is underwear hanging from doorknobs.  We are still in recovery mode after hubby lost his job last year.  He did find work 5 months later, but it's very, very dangerous work.  That's another story.  My stay at home business was gangbusters in the summer into fall then I hit a wall in Nov. and Dec.  So, Martha Stewart, I can't punch fancy holes in stationary with your fancy hole puncher thingy.  Gotta get a dryer first.  

Commence resolutions.

1.  Put my health on the front burner.  The only reason I go to the doctor these days is to renew my prescriptions.  By the way, I have dumped the prescrip. I was on to help me "cope" with my mother's illness and death.  Those pills helped somewhat,, but the withdrawls are now brutal.  I'm determined to rid my body of this drug and possibly regain my eyesight and figure in the process.    I am haphazard with exercising, and my eating is heavy on chocolate..  I have stopped taking vitamins (a recent study said they did nothing unless you are iron deficient) and, this is painful, I have not been to the dentist in about 15 years.  

I know.  I do floss and brush like a maniac.  And I take my son, but for some reason, I don't think it's important to me.  Money is an issue, I cannot deny.  But, what good am I to the family if I am dead?  Or toothless?

2.  Put away at least 20% of money made or received.

3.  Enroll child in winter/spring activity.  He currently has no friends and likes computers, videogames and machines more than people.    That reminds me, if school continues to be a major social issue, I need to mull over diagnosis issue and possible new school in future.  

4.  Give more love to my husband.  I tend to retreat and feel resentful.  Nuff said.

5.  Donate or participate in Alzheimers Association/awareness.  I realize breast cancer is huge, but it's all I see on tv......no avon backed commercials for alzheimers. So, it's not cool to step forward with a relative who has alzheimers, celebrities?

6.  Cook more.  Engage child in cooking so maybe he will try something new off the beaten track.

7.  Pray.  Be good to others and to myself.  

8.  Laugh and don't beat myself up over the past.

9.  Stop eating popcorn for dinner.  For heavens sake!!!!

10.  Walk everyday.  Drink more vodka.  Cease clipping toenails.  Use morrocan oil instead of shampoo.  Replace showers with cologne spongebaths.  Steal. 

11.  Just kidding..


  I'd like to get a handle on this menopause, mid-life crisis, depressive wave that engulfs me every so often.  Perhaps giving in to it is best.  And like all things, it goes away, and good things return.  Like the waves on an ocean.

These are the Days of our Lives.

I was sounding a bit like a soap.  Seriously, if anyone reads this, I wish you a happy 2012 full of health, goodness, good thoughts, joy, peace, and love.   

2 comments:

  1. I have gone back and looked and looked at your doll house! I love all of the tiny items and all of the detail. I collect dolls and have a doll room in my home. I need to find a doll house to decorate! Your resolutions were fun to read. I know I should take my vitamins more regularly. I'm doing a post on healthy living tomorrow! I hope you can stop by! Hugs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! I so love dolls and dollhouses! I would love to see your doll room! They have doll house kits to build if you ever want to invest in one. I will stop by your blog because I need to focus on healthy living! thanks!

      Jen

      Delete