Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Latisse does whaaaaat?



What is up with that Latisse junk you put on your eyelashes to achieve that "freakishly long" eyelashes effect?  Being a woman, I was intrigued by the pics of the long, long eyelashes....men will really love that, right?  Anyway, celebrities like Brooke Shields and that really smart chick from  that teen tv show oh yea, Claire Danes endorse it on tv. So, it must be awesome!

The side effects  were rattled off quietly at the end of the commercial....oh itchy, dry eyes I can handle and eye pressure problems, I'll deal with that, but there was one side effect that stood out.

"May darken pigment of eye itself; most likely will be permanent."

What the devil does that mean?(said in British accent)

Ok, I have blue eyes.  My husband and son have brown eyes.  I love brown eyes, but...

  Does this mean my eyes could potentially, permanently turn brown from using Latisse? 

The answer is.....YES.

 The thought that these pharmaceutical nimrods would market something so potentially dangerous is shocking and frightening to me.  So many girls and women want to look pretty and with those spokesmodels to sway us to use this.......  I am speechless with disgust.

To throw a product our way that is clearly dangerous and lures young women to screw with their eye color and eye pressure and God knows what else, is so WRONG.   

If I want long eyelashes, I will use false ones.  They glue on and don't change the color of my eyes. Or I will use mascara.  Or vaseline, like in the 70's.  Oh, not likely on that last one. But, you get my drift.

I can breathe easy knowing that Latisse is making freakishly long eye lashes out there and turning women's eyes brown or black or some mucky other worldly color to pad the wallets of their company.

Brooke Shields would endorse Michael Jackson's dead body if it paid her.  And Clare Danes....doesn't she have some movie to do or meal to plan with that foreign husband of hers? She is pretty smart, a Yale grad. I believe...why would she endorse this?  Did she read the side effects?  Does she care?  

And, why does it change the color of your eyes?  What exactly is in Latisse to do this?  What are the long term effects of using Latisse? Will women become blind?

Latisse sucks.

3 comments:

  1. If you are highly concerned with the current looks of your eyelashes, the best thing that you can do is consult your physician. He will be the one to help you out in weighing the advantages and disadvantages of using the various eyelash growth products that are available in the market these days, including Latisse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am NOT concerned with the looks of my eyelashes. i have always just used mascara. I AM concerned with the women out there who are using this product and potentially changing the color of their eyes. This is a dangerous product. I don't like it whatsoever!!!!!

      Delete
    2. Why is the eye color change more concerning than the change in eye pressure -- you know, the one potentially serious side effect that could actually affect your vision. You can "handle" that, but brown eyes are the portent to end times? You sound hysterical and have done zero research on this product.

      Delete