Friday, September 30, 2011

Couple things I love and one thing I don't

I love a lot of things, people.  I love this photo. I loved Chris Farley.  I loved everything about him, not just his hilarious-ness.  I love that he was here on this planet.  I love the way our chihuahuas lean into us at night like a warm blanket out of the dryer.  I love my nephew's sweet smile, my brother in law's funny sense of humor,  I love getting a cool, vintage, designerish something that's secondhand.....and cheap.  I do enjoy the golden arches fries, especially when I'm driving.  I love pickles, old fashioned christmas ornaments, my Dad and his ocean blue eyes,  my son with the almond shaped brown eyes, my husband's hilarity and hands that are worn from work, my sister's earnestness and honesty, the wgn morning show, hot cocoa after being out in the snow, sparkly glittery nails, the sound of a cat purring, memories of my mom, dollhouses,I love going to sleep with all my makeup on, Justin Timberlake's what goes around comes around for those who have been cheated on, santa claus dolls, compelling biographies and true stories like "Shake the Devil off". paninis for some reason, Good Times by Chic, shabby chic although it's not practical with pets, coffee with hazelnut and junk like that,  and money.
Oh, comon, that was a joke.  But, I can't deny I like some cabbage in my purse now and then.  I love old fashioned valentines, Godspell, the movie, taffy apples in the fall, flip flops even though I have wiped out more times than I can count with them, (Hazardous on wet stairs, but what can I say, I love em), champagne,(Oh comon Jenny, when was the last time you had champagne?  Get real. I remember loving it, she says in a tiny voice....).I love fried chicken and old tablecloths and Mom's old handkerchiefs with embroidery, I love lifetime movie network for some reason, I don't know why other than it relaxes my brain waves, cherry jelly bellies, vh1 behind the scenes with leif garrett, "ready for a bomb?" I love goodnight moon and I know a place children's books.  I also love the old Willy Wonka movie, I love "The house without a christmas tree", old Andy Williams christmas specials, variety shows, I love Mary Tyler Moore show, I love funky handbags like the ones I make out of Mom's upholstery fabric, and I love open sky and  no cielings,guacamole and macademia nuts (which I could live on both of them),   I love La Grange, by zz top, I love old quilts, I love fall weather and all that it brings like lit pumpkins, candy that belongs to my son and I eat, decorating the house with fall colors and scented candles, I love homemade bread, I love sleeping when I can actually do it right.  I love Mr. Rogers and yellow canaries.I love icelandic sweaters,  I love crab legs and crab cakes and shrimp and lobster, oh my!  Side note:  can you believe I've never had a lobster roll?  I have watched so many godforsaken food shows and never had one.  Dammit!!!  Oh, back to the love stuff. The child I love and I have to brush our teeth soon and settle in for a fall's sleep.  Hubby will be back soon.  After thIe night shift. I love him .  I do.

Okay, the real reason I am trying to be so positive is because today I went for a walk by my favorite lake and beautiful place I always go where there is a waterfall and ducks and nice people walking dogs and.....oh yea, there's a detour here.  Long story short, an old man made obscene gestures at me today while I was walking.  He was menacing and motioning to me, then he kept pointing at me, then him, and making the same gesture several times.He walked toward me and motioned and looked me straight in the eyes.    It was quite disturbing and it bugged me and kinda scared me.  i've lived here for almost 15 yrs. and never had a problem like that, especially when I was walking, trying to do something good for me instead of for everyone else, smelling the cool air, looking at the red leaves on trees......and that happened.

You know, my reaction was like a scared bunny too.  I ran for the hills.  I can think of a hundred different things to do now, but at the time, I was blindsided  and just wanted to get away from him.  I thought he might have alzheimers like my mom, and felt compassionate for a millisecond....but that didn't last.  He pissed me off!  That lake was my sanctuary, and now I gotta worry about that bastard.  Well, I plan on calling the police if it happens again.  I'll be ready for that fool.  And did I mention I love catching bad guys?  I love that feeling.  Love Love Love........

No comments:

Post a Comment